Tuesday 17 January 2012

Final 10 Images for People & Portraits

                          Final Images for People & Portraits

This was a chosen final image as I  enjoyed dressing and presenting the model in a rather eccentric way,getting inspiration from the music legend Stevie Nicks. I was able to experiment with the background and the lighting produced a rather ethereal look to the image.The brightness of the eyes draws the viewer in and I positioned the feather so that the eye is then drawn round the picture.This is the original photo as I was happy with the composition and colour.


This is another portrait of the same model but taken from a different angle and in a different natural light and is showing how experimenting produces different but just as effective images without changing the main subject.This time it is the feather that draws you into the eyes which are in line with the shadow in the water which in turn takes you to the edge of the photo and then around.

Having been inspired to try some mirror images the first of the two done was chosen because I felt that a more interesting photo was produced by making it into a black and white image.Photoshop allowed me to adjust the intensity of black and white and I was happy that the face in the mirror stood out as the main focal point and the background didn't detract but reflections in the water just added to the theme.


In this second mirrored reflection image the mirror itself isn't obvious as in the photo above. I really like the clarity of the image and feel that I succeeded in producing a photo showing reflective thought .


A different type of image where I have presented the model as a silhouette .I practised with various shots and from other angles but chose this for the starkness of the silhouette against my set up white background and the unusual colouring at the sides produced with photoshop. This would be a good music magazine shot I think.I have also framed this so it looks like a poster.


I have chosen this for the composition.  The model is positioned at the side which helps give more depth to the photo.The natural setting of the undergrowth and trees helps with the feeling of someone lost in his tangled thoughts and by making this a black and white image have merged the model in with his surroundings.


I have chosen this picture for the lighting and colour.The warm colours contrast against the light sky.I like the way the model is   almost framed by the trees and I have used the natural light at this time of day to cast shadows rising vertically just as the model is climbing up the slope.


This is very much a character photograph and I enjoy producing anything to do with music photography.By focusing purely on the face I have aimed at capturing the feeling put in by the performer and felt this was shown off to better effect as ablack and white image.

Another characterisation of the model used previously. I have
 included more background and shot the image in natural light. I liked the way the line of shadow in the water is parallel to the line of the body and the props and facial expression make a rather thought provoking image.


Again I chose this because of the composition. I feel that this is a very natural looking portrait
taken in a natural environment where the focus is on the character's reflective thought.I left the trees in the background slightly blurred so that the model is more sharply focused.I liked how the small blue flowers in the foreground matched the colour of the clothing and how the whole photo is subtly coloured.

Labels
Theme2 P6,M4,D4

2 comments:

  1. I like the two images that are reflections of the model. These really stand out - well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,
    Really like the first of your images - it works very well. Also the third image - probably good when printed in a larger format. Also love the lighting of the man walking up the hill - would it be better if he walked towards you so you could see his face? He is a mystery at present which is another story I guess. Well done!

    ReplyDelete