Wednesday 18 January 2012

Photoshop People and Portraits, Changing our images



                        Photoshop people and portraits
                      Changing Our Images.

                                         
                                         Original Image
This image I wanted to change to a darker image to go with the dark look I gave the model. 


                                         Photoshop Image
This image in black and white now gives a more dark atmospheric feel to the photo. 
Step1
I changed the image to Black and white by going into image then adjustments and selecting black and white.

Step2
To make the image look darker  I went into image then adjustments and selected H.D.R Toning and then changed some of the settings.

Step3
I decided to add some colour to the lips so by selecting a New Layer to work on I then picked the brush tool in the left side tool bar I changed the size of the brush to what would work best and then I selected a colour to use. I then went around the lips with the dark purple colour and then selected layers in the right tool bar and selected overlay. I then went around any mistakes using the eraser tool.

                                                              Original Image
 With this image I wanted to crop to get rid of the water mark on the right side of the photo and I wanted to change it to a black and white image to make it look more interesting.


Photoshop Image
I think by making the image darker it makes the model blend in with the scenery. but the lighting still takes your eye towards the model.

                                                          
                                                            
                                                     Step1
I first cropped the image by selecting the crop tool on the left tool bar and putting a grid over the image to select which part of the image I want. There was a slight water mark on the lens because it had been raining so I had to crop that out.

Step2
I then changed this image to a black and white photo by going onto image and then adjustments and selecting black and white.  By changing the different settings I got it to a light black and white colour but I wanted it to look darker so I changed the exposure.
                                                                      
                                                                                Step3
so for the final adjustment I  went into image adjustments and I selected HDR and altered the setting to get a darker look


Original Image
With this image I am going to change it to a Black and White as I think this would suit this particular portrait.

Photoshop Image
The final photoshop image looks much better and is more fitting to a portrait of a jazz pianist.


Step1
First I cropped the image a little by taking off some of the piano to focus more on the singer. I selected the crop in the tool bar and selecting the grid over what I wanted to keep in the image.


Step2 
I next changed the image to black and white by going into Image then Adjustments and selecting black and white.
Original Image
Done at home this photo needed to be worked on in photoshop.
Photoshop Image
I think this image looks different. I have managed to create a silhouetted shadow of the model against the background

                                                                                Step1
I cropped the image to frame the photo more against the model, by selecting the crop tool in the main tool bar.


                                                                              Step2
I then changed the exposure to create a more silhouetted look. I went into Image,adjustments and selected exposure which I changed to +0.14

Step3
I used the clone stamp tool in the main tool bar to get rid of the window frames exposed behind the white sheet.



                            
                                                                             Step4
I put a white border around the image to frame the image more and make the silhouette stand out. By going into image and selecting canvas size I changed the width to 0.5cm and height to 0.5cm

                                                                     Labels,
                                     Theme2,  P5,M3,D3 



                                                                           










eres

No comments:

Post a Comment